While nutrition is certainly important to our overall health - it isn't THE answer. We really admire and respect nutritionists that use their expertise alongside an honouring of the innate wisdom of each individual's body.
Carley Nadine is a dear friend of ours in the field of empowering folks of all kinds to be their own best ally as it relates to feeling calmer, happier, and more at peace with themselves.
Her thoughts & wisdom on anxiety + related topics feel true and most definitely worth sharing - I hope you enjoy...
1. As a nutritionist, what's the biggest food/diet myth you would like to reframe for everyone reading this?
There is no such thing as a “perfect diet”. What works for one individual might not work for another. It’s all about discovering what works for you.
2. What are your favourite ways to combat anxiety IN the MOMENT?
I have a few: deep belly breaths, tapping (a quick and effective practice) and stress reducing herbs that you can take acutely like Passion flower or Kava.
3. What about as it relates to preventing bouts of anxiousness in the first place, and why does this preventative work really matter, in your opinion?
Herbs, journaling and daily movement are personally my favourite ways to prevent anxiousness. I love herbs like lemon balm, holy basil and Ashwagandha. Lifestyle practices paired with herbal allies can be incredibly effective for some individuals.
4. Everyone would be able to love their body just a little bit more if...?
We stoped comparing ourselves to others and took the time to appreciate all the wonderful things our body does for us on the daily.
5. If ever you're feeling YUCK in the way you feel/look/think - what's your go-to turnaround?
Say a self love affirmation to myself to boost my confidence
Get curious, is there something that triggered me to feel this way that I can explore?